A Message to Garcia and Five Point Action Plan

                  My interpretation of "A Message from Garcia," by Elbert Hubbard is showing that how workers are the same as workers today. They only do their tasks unless threatened, or they put it off until the last possible minute. This story takes place when the Spain had control of Cuba. At this time McKinley was the President and needed a message to safety and secretly get to Garcia, who at the time was in Cuba. The Americans were revolutionaries and so was Garcia, but know one knew. McKinley asked Rowan to get the message safely to Garcia without anyone knowing his reason for coming to Cuba. Rowan, without a second thought did what he was told knowing the risk and difficulties that he would have to go through. Rowan then easily completed his mission with his determination, and having his own inspiration. He had his own motivation to do this for his boss and it shows his loyalty to his job and others. This is showing how Rowan is taking the initiative, by doing his work independently and not relying on others for help or support throughout the way. A couple days after, someone asked one of their workers to do a very simple task and they refused and complained. So, consequently they were threatened to do it, or if not they would receive a punishment or even be fired. This is showing how people are incompetent of being able to do simple little tasks. The overall interpretation of this story is that why aren't there more Rowans in life? He did what he was told, took the initiative and even risked his life to complete this task. Rowan was his own inspiration and rewarded himself with excellence for setting a good example of what people should be like, and how they should act. It is showing that the world is full of lazy people who do not do what they are told unless they are bribed with a reward or threatened with a punishment. I agree with what Elbert Hubbard wrote about many years ago. It applies to today's world even more so then it did back then.

Five Point Action Plan

1- First, I will not procrastinate on my work. As soon as I get it I want to get it done so the work doesn't build up, and then only give half the effort as I could have given.
2- Second, I want to study for every test and quiz to make sure that I stay on top of my grades, and be happy with my academic success.
3-Third, I want to make sure that I keep all of my books papers and notes organized. This helps by knowing what I need to do and knowing where I can find things easily.
4- Fourth, I want to make sure that I create good relationships with my teachers and peers so I can ask for help or easily collaborate with them so I can ensure that I will be successful.
5- Fifth, I want to be attentive in class, with being an active student. This will greatly help me by fully understanding the content that I'm learning, and retaining all the information as possible.

Comments

  1. Excellent essay, Maddy. Your Action Plan also seems pretty well-thought out, and I think you will have a very successful year if you stick to it. 100/100 on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World Leaders Information continued

World Leaders information

day after test notes on the rise of christianity