Maps and Fun Facts!

Today in class we finished our maps. On one side of the map it is the "Robinson Projection of the World Map." This map looks more like the world, and all the land wraps around. I find this map very confusing because I am used to having North and South America all the right on the left, with Asia and Africa in the middle and Australia all alone on on the right. My description is just like the Mercator Projection of World. I like using this map more because this is what I am more used to. Anyways, here are the twenty five countries that have the largest populations in the world. China is first with 1,379,302,771 people. Then it goes to India, United States, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Ethiopia, Philippines, Egypt, Vietnam, Congo, Iran, Turkey, Germany, Thailand, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Burma and lastly South Africa with a population of 5,481,552. I went to the bottom of this list and found out that the smallest population in a country is 54 people, on Pitcairn Islands. Then for some more fun facts, I found out that there is an Island called Christmas Island, they only have one airport and is a part of Australia. Also they have a population of 2,205 people. Lastly, I found out that there is a religion called Pastafarian's. These people wear strainers on their heads and have a Flying Spaghetti Monster. I think this is why insane asylum's could have been created...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World Leaders Information continued

World Leaders information

day after test notes on the rise of christianity