crash course continued

Today in class we continued to watch the video, and only got in 2 more minutes. Here are the notes that I took:

  • Metaphysics 
    • the branch of philosophy that studies the nature of reality 
  • Epistemology 
    • the branch of philosophy that studies the nature and scope of knowledge 
  • Value Theory 
    • Ethics 
      • the branch of philosophy that studies and evaluates human conduct 
    • Aesthetics 
      • the branch of philosophy that studies the nature of beauty 
  • Synchronicity 
    • things in time join 
  • Deja Vu 
  • How do I know I am right? 
  • How will I ever know that I am wrong? 
  • Can I ever be certain about anything? 
  • Is there any reason I should treat strangers differently from the people I love?
Then, Mr. Schick told the class a story. It was about how he invited a homeless person to come and have lunch with him. And they had a conversation. Mr. Schick asked what happened, and why he can't have a job, but then he offered to buy him a bus ticket to go and see his sister so he can get back to health. However, the man did not take the offer because he was too embarrassed to go back and have his sister see him like this. This story made me almost cry, I was really close to it. It made me really happy what Mr. Schick did, there needs to be more people like him in this world! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World Leaders Information continued

World Leaders information

day after test notes on the rise of christianity