Discussion about Sites

Today in class we had a discussion about sites, and how locations have culture and customs. To start off the class, the shadow students introduced themselves. I felt bad for them because Mr. Schick kept picking on them. Then out of nowhere, he tells us to clear off our desks! We look at each other and think that he is joking, but then he starts to pass out maps with numbers on them! I was disgusted by this because I am so bad at geography, especially without studying. Maybe 20 minutes after complaining and working, we all finished and thats when class actually began. We began to talk about how things are different all throughout the world. Then Mr. Schick gave us a really good example saying how he is from Oregon(I think) and how the thought of eating crabs is really weird. My first response to this was very defensive and then I realized that he was proving a valid point. I recognized that with different resources you have available, you are more custom to things in your daily life. And that was the point of todays lesson, it was to teach us how different sites make us have different cultures and custom, which creates our 'normal' or 'regular.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World Leaders Information continued

World Leaders information

day after test notes on the rise of christianity